Christmas again. Shared happiness is double happiness.

Jul igen. Delad glädje är dubbel glädje.

We're probably all looking forward to Christmas. Time for rest. Time for good food. Time to spend time with those we care about. For some, it is difficult to collect both large and small, dogs and cats. But it's so much more fun when everyone can join in. So watch out for the dangers of Christmas and save the list further down. A hypoallergenic dog also makes it much easier to be together. Read about how to do it here .

Enjoy Christmas, but let the pets enjoy other things

We don't know if our four-legged friends understand this Christmas thing. Suddenly we have so much to do. Pick up the tree, arrange Christmas flowers, cook Christmas food, bake saffron buns and shop for Christmas presents. But they will probably always be curious, there will be nibbles on the Christmas decorations, sniffing the tree and pleading eyes will beg for Christmas food. Therefore, feel free to take out this small list of things that can be toxic or pose a danger. Make sure that Christmas is just as calm and cozy for everyone.

Candles - watch out for tails and whiskers

Think about where you place candles. They can topple when excited swinging tails and curious whiskers are in motion. An alternative is to use electric lighting.

Christmas plants – the fragrant ones are the most poisonous

They are fantastically beautiful, but more or less poisonous all of them. The lily is the most poisonous and can cause kidney damage. Hyacinth, gentian, Christmas rose, mistletoe and holly, these irritate mucous membranes in the gastrointestinal tract. Watch out so that no filur gets thirsty and starts drinking from the flower water.

Christmas decorations - nice but unpleasant in the stomach

The poinsettia can be poisonous and glitter and gift strings will not be pleasant if they end up in the stomach.

Christmas table for us but not for the animals

Unfermented buns, ferment further in the stomach. Saffron, chocolate and raisins are harmful. Do not leave the treats within reach. The Christmas ham is too salty and the rind should definitely not be eaten. Onions cause anemia in dogs. So when Christmas cheer arrives and you're giving away leftovers, keep this in mind.

If accident occurs, consult a veterinarian.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from us at Allergenius.